Friday, July 13, 2012

Having a Guru in Whom We Can Have Full Faith

 A faithful disciple can increase his faith in his beloved spiritual master Srila Prabhupada more and more.  He is a pure devotee, sinless even in his last lifetime, what to speak of this one, and he never once forgot Krsna throughout his entire life, and he was completely protected by Krsna from any onslaught from the material energy during his present life here on Earth.  In a letter from Srila Prabhupada to Tamala Krishna Goswami in 1970 he wrote the following:
    "So far I am concerned, I cannot say what I was in my previous life, but one great astrologer calculated that I was previously a physician and my life was sinless. Besides that, to corroborate the statement from the Bhagavad-gita-- sucinam srimatam gehe, yoga-bhrasto 'bhijayate -- which means an unfinished yogi takes birth in rich family or born of a suci or pious father. By the grace of Krsna I got these two opportunities in the present life to be born of a pious father and brought up in one of the richest, aristocratic families of Calcutta (Kasinatha Mullick). The Radha-Krsna Diety in this family called me to meet Him, and therefore last time when I was in Calcutta, I stayed in that temple along with my American disciples. Although I had immense opportunities to indulge in the four principles of sinful life because I was connected with a very aristocratic family, Krsna always saved me, and throughout my whole life I do not know what is illicit sex, intoxication, meat-eating, or gambling. So far my present life is concerned, I do not remember any part of my life when I was forgetful of Krsna."            
                                                                                        
    (Srila Prabhupada)                                                   
                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment